Monday 16 January 2012

Bun in the Bakery...

So I have been an oven for about four months now and I thought this would be a good time to share some experiences I have had. I will do this each trimester so we can all look back and remember what it was like, as these babymones are already making me very forgetful....

1. Frozen drinks are the bomb!
After spewing multiple times every day for the last four months, frozen cokes, slurpies and Boost Juice Berry Crushers have been lifesavers and often meals on their own...

The one thing I could keep down on the worst spewfeast weekend...


A pregnancy-friendly birthday from the girls at work - watermelon and gingerbread man :)


2. Roast chicken is evil
That is all, just thinking/typing about it makes me queasy

3. Double D boobs can get bigger
Ever since I hit puberty the 'girls' have been a somewhat hindrance. Take school socials as an example - awkward as f*** when late blooming boys' faces was directly inline with them during a slow jam – I had to move back a bit for fear of suffocating the poor guy! When college came along the same boys would call me 'A cup' just to be ironic – ha ha. Anyway, since being knocked up the girls have turn into a whole another life force growing to ridiculous size where I stare at them and think 'is this for real?' in between the leakage and all day throbbing – oh yeah, real hot boys!!

4. Dogs know all
Alfie our beloved pooch and 'first son' has been lying on my belly whenever he gets the chance. He has never done this before and doesn't do it to anyone else. When we go into the room with the 'bebe' sign he always wants to come in and have a sniff. Yep, he can sense his skin sibling for sure!

5. Bikini bump
I have never felt more comfortable in a bikini as I do now with my big belly out for the world to see. It is so liberating to be like 'yeah, I'm preggas and I don't care because the human body is beautiful'. However, I must admit when I see other sunsoakers on the beach eyeing the bulge off I hold it, so there is no doubt that there is a bun in the bakery.

6. Is it a boy or girl?
If you know me you know I am so impatient. I really, really want to know the sex of our baby. Can't find out for another month until the 20 week scan. In the meantime I have created a family sweep – everyone has picked the sex and date of when bub will join us. I will go and buy a gift for the winner :)

7. I've never been happier
No truer words have ever been spoken – up until bub is actually born I'm sure – then I think I might actually burst from all the joy that is inside me, in our home and in our families.

8. So glad the first three months are over
Because they are full of anxiety, ups and downs. Every time I felt a cramp or something strange I got scared, the rare day I didn't spew I got scared. Full of excitement and fear at the same time was a tad hard to manage. So I just turned to God and said a prayer whenever these doubts crept in, which of course, made everything better. I still have some of these nervous thoughts (which is why I'm researching the best baby monitors that detect breathing patterns), but nothing like the torture of the first trimester.

9. Can't wait to start pre-natal yoga
Had to stop my usual power yoga because overheating is a no no for Bubba, so missing yoga (and wogball) a lot. Classes start in a few weeks.

10. What is in a name?
Dr Love and I picked our future baby names on our honeymoon. Everyone has an opinion on them but we don't care, because they reflect the country we really love Italy, and honour one of our favourite people of all time Nonno.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh honey! I was soo excited to see your "i'm a bakin some goods" post! Can't wait to see your next post.
    P.s I loved your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh M, you just made me cry. I am so happy for you and Dr Love. I love this post and think, what a wonderful way to document one of the most amazing periods of your life.Keep on posting please! Kisses, Rose.

    ReplyDelete