Sunday 16 October 2011

Tre Amici Belle

I'm missing three of my beautiful friends so so much. These three women are off on each of their own adventures, exploring the world outside of Australia and striving for new dreams, achieving aspirations and basically rocking the world like no one's business.   Some might say 'oh they are soo lucky that they get the chance to live overseas' and 'I would if I could'. However, I know the truth – these women have said 'f**k it, I'm doing this. I'm making my own reality. This might be hard but it will be worth it'. So while these women may be blessed, I know that what they are doing has come from a brave and determined place, not just a stroke of luck.

I'm not sad with these ladies being away, for while they are not in the same postcode or even patch of earth as me, I am happy knowing they are doing what they want to. Besides, technology allows love letters via email and Facebook so it isn't all gloom and doom.

However, no denying I miss their hugs, laughs and voices. As such, this following post is in dedication of these three hotties, and my ode to them:

Miss Y

Vino + Laughs = time with Miss Y
Miss Y is half Peruvian, half Spanish and 100% yummy. She is smart, earth woman, super fit and funny. This woman is traveling around Spain and writing her first novel. Miss Y has had this dream to be an author for a long time, and now is dedicating at least six months to this achievement.
Miss Y is colour and warmth

Sometimes you are just meant to know people, and Miss Y is one of them for me. A few years ago we applied for the same job, both got a position and our girl-mance grew from sharing lunches and leaning on each other in the new work environment. I was drawn by Miss Y's sense of fun and mutual loves of food, music, words, fashion and wogball. Miss Y and I get each other. We have had some similar life struggles and come to each other from a place of understanding. Having access to Miss Y at least five times a week was instrumental in gaining my confidence after a long time out of the workforce. She recognised my struggle and championed me on. Plus Miss Y is one of the best centre mid-fielders I have ever seen, so it is worth having her on your team! ;-) Dr Love really gets along well with Miss Y, and I think this is because we come from similar circles – Miss Y is practical, not scared of getting dirty and always up for a laugh over vino. Yep, I love this amiga and I miss her terribly. She is showing so much strength going out on a limb to follow a dream and I know it will be all worth it! Can't wait to read her book (BTW, she better name a character after me, even if it is just a small, waitress kind of gig).

Miss H
Miss H reminds me of a little black dress - sophisticated, playful and timeless
You will be hard pressed to find a classier lady than Miss H. We met in our uni years – bonded over clubbing in R&B joints, chai lattes and bad boys. We grew up together, meaning we both ended up working at the same place, and got tired of bad boys and married good men instead. Miss H oozes style and grace – she introduced me to brands I had never been exposed to and the finer things in life. What's more, Miss H welcomed me into her own little posse and I feel very honoured to now have this circle of friends as my own.

Miss H's favourite dessert - Black Forrest Cake
Miss H was there for me when I needed her the most. We hadn't known each other for that long, but as I was in and out of hospital one year, she had my back, visiting me every weekend with the other girls and showering me with magazines, baked goods, time and company. I will forever be in debt to Miss H for that. She is now living with her new groom in Canada, enjoying a working holiday and going to fabulous sights and events every other weekend. She shunned the standard 'settle down, settle down' and decided to see the world for at least another year. I love Miss H and I wish she knew how strong and talented she really is. I can't wait to see Miss H again and eat some of her baking – she is the Asian Martha Stewart!!

Miss S
Miss S and I love to share a cuppa

Miss S and I met in college (year 11 and 12 for you non-Canberrean educated peeps). We worked as Candy bar chicks together. When I first Miss S I was intimated – this girl was hot and all the boys wanted a piece – I could never fit in with this chickey-dee. However, we got to know each other and turned into steadfast friends.

Yep, Miss S and I love a good sing-a-long 
We both have country sensibilities, enjoy daydreaming, both drove bomb cars and enjoyed eating tonnes of chocolate. Miss S is tough and left Oz for better things. I know this was hard for Miss S as she had some heartbreaks, but as the trooper she is, went for it and is now shining. She is a fantastic journalist with a regular colum. Her travels have even brought her some loving – bliss. What I admire most in Miss S is her love for life and drive to make the most of all opportunities. Latest news is that Miss S will be back soon and I can't wait to share one of our catch up sessions over a cuppa and chin wag.

So there you have it, a little on three incredible ladies living out their dreams OS. However, every woman in my life is really incredible, they all have their stories, are successful, witty, charming and downright kind. I'm so blessed to have all these amici in my life. As the deeply perceptive Spice Girls put it 'GIRL POWER!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post M. Your friends sound incredible, but no doubt, they are equally lucky to have you in their lives. I'm guessing they share your passion for travelling as well. I sense a theme here! xx Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post, but what a woman to post it! I know these three woman adore you as much as you do them. The courage you carry to be you without care of fear of what others say, because you know yourself! Your strength to live everyday working towards a better tomorrow. Your wit and your charm. Yes, you are one special lady and these three women and people in your life, your neighbour, your colleague, your mother, your friends are all blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - thanks so much for such a gorgeous comment! You have inspired me to start posting again!
    M x

    ReplyDelete