Thursday 25 August 2011

City to the Sea


Two weeks ago I completed one of my long standing goals - to compete in the City2Surf. OK, so the original goal was to run the whole thing but after a dodgy groin due to a dodgy massage in the Philippines (and yes that sounds more seedy than intended) and lack of training motivation brought on by the cruel Canberra winter I ended running about 4-6 kms of the hilly 14.2km.

Miss T and I certainly experienced the 'fun' in 'fun-run' - there was heaps of parties, clever advertising, dancing smurfs, drag queens and DJs along the way to keep us entertained whilst we sweat-ed it out. When we weren't perving on lycra covered bums, admiring the super fit pram pushers or laughing at the latest outfit (who wants to run covered in a 'body sock' anyway?) my limited breath was taken away by the mansions of Sydney's eastern suburbs. Sometimes I forget how wealthy we can really become - I'm not talking spiritual wealthy but 'dolla dolla bills y'all!
Just one look at the 80 000+ crowd

Completing the world record for a group stretch - all for charity, a dollar donated for each person who participated 

Miss T and I completed the C2s in 02.03.10 - not too bad for first timers! I'm hoping to beat this time in my 10km effort in the Canberra Times fun-run next month.

The weekend in Sydney included a few more high energy activities that required stealth and agility - driving in the City and surrounding suburbs (we survived with no crashes but two close calls), tackling IKEA on a weekend and scoring a table at the popular Malaysian joint Mamak. Thankfully we succeeded in all these endeavours resulting in a great weekend!!!*



Thanks to Miss A and Miss C we were able to experience some Melbournian-style-vibe of a trendy alley bar 'Since I left You' which indeed is named after the gorgeous Avalanches song. Was nice to find a place with some ambiance where we could chat without losing out voices and hearing.
Cute from Freckle Face cafe in Kirribilli - makes me smile as I am indeed a freckle fart!!
All and all a tip top of a time. Special thanks to Miss G, Miss K, Mr C Mr R and of course my sidekick Miss T for a great time!

See ya!
M x

*note: I love using extra !!! - call me Elaine from Seinfeld.

Best park ever! It was raining, it was pitch black and Miss T with my help was able to park this baby, 10cms on each side. I told her 'DO IT MANILA STYLE' and she did! So proud :-)

2 comments:

  1. What did ya get from IKEA?? and I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!xx Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose,
    I bought some great home furnishings such as an awesome picture rail, lanterns, frames, doona cover etc. Was dissapointed that I didn't find my much wanted office chair though. Going to try Freedom for that purchase. You will have to come over and check out my purchases!
    Love,
    M xx

    ReplyDelete